I'm honored, as is she.
It's a toss up between Halloween and Christmas for me. Halloween's fun because of the dressing up, Christmas is cool because I just dig the tree and all the decorations and setting up my village. Also I get a huge break from work!
I’ve added some stuff to this, because I think it’s kinda douchy in parts…
1. Please post these rules.
2. Please share 13 things about you.
3. Answer the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose 13 people. I’m not, ‘cause this bugs some people and I don’t blame them. So anyone out there that wants can participate. If you wanna say ‘bugger off’ that’s good too.
5. Go to their page to inform them they are tagged. Will not be doing that.
6. Not something like "You are tagged if you read that" Uhhh what?
7. You have to legitimately tag 13 people. Nope. Like I said, anyone who finds this fun and has too much free time (hah!) feel free. Otherwise I won’t pressure anyone.
8. You can't say that you don't do tags. Ohhh yes I can!
9. Tag-backs are ALLOWED. I will permit that I guess…don’t have any objections.
10. Please make a journal entry instead of doing this in the comments here. Commenting about the actual entry is okay though.
11. You have to finish this within a week. If not; you'll have to do whatever the creator tells you to. Art, RP, etc. Nope, you don’t. I am not gonna be like that. That’s just dumb.
12. Be creative with the title. No "I've Got Tagged" things. Title it anything you want. (Some of these rules are really lame).
13. Cussing is ALLOWED. oh yipppeeeee *%^&$$*%!#$@*^&^%#$!^%#@$#!!!!
Okay, 13 things about me. Here goes. I am probably one of the most boring people alive.
1. I am a tomboy and always have been. I think my mom hoped she could convert me but to this day, no dresses for me. I think people also hoped I’d grow out of it. Nope. When other girls were playing Barbies or house or school or whatever-the-hell else, I was turning over rocks and boards looking for snakes and lizards. Or riding my dirtbike. Or wading in the creek looking for crawdads, etc.
2. I am 42 and don’t have and will never have children. Don’t start the hatin’. It’s a choice like anything else. I don’t hate kids, by the way. I actually get along really well with kids. Just rather take care of animals.
3. I have 30+ snakes and have kept reptiles since age 8.
4. I will have my home paid off in about ten years! WOOOO!
5. I will probably get to retire at 53 which means MORE TIME FOR ART!
6. My favorite food is tacos.
7.I have kept all my favorite stuffed animals from childhood.
8. I majored in Art and Design at Southwest Missouri State (now just Missouri State University), and have worked in their library since 1998.
9. I love tie-dye.
10. My favorite movie ever is 9 to 5.
11. One of my favorite songs ever is “Ain’t Nobody” by Chaka Khan and Rufus.
12. I am a child of the 80s (best decade EVER!) and proud of it. J
13. My longest comic ever is 322 pages long and still not done.
1. Ever played a RPG? (Either tabletop, with pen&paper, or computer games?)
No, I haven’t. Wanted to try D&D as a kid but it seemed the guys on my street that played did not want to let a girl into the group. I think they were just too lazy to teach me.
2. Ever left your country?
Nope. Been across the highway from Mexico. Does that count?
3. How many languages do you speak, or what new ones would you like to learn?
English only. Need to learn Spanish at least, I think. I had four semesters in college and can pretty much name a few colors, say two sentences and count to twenty. Real waste of time and money, college Spanish.
4. If you could learn a martial arts, which one would you choose?
I don’t really have the desire to be honest.
5. If you had a time machine, what year would you go to?
6. Digital or physical books?
Physical! I’m a librarian, baybeeeee!
7. Musicals. Yea, or nay?
Oh HELL NO. That’s how they will torture me in hell if there is one and I end up there.
8. Are laughtracks in sitcoms as annoying to you as they are to me?
Yep. For some reason ones in cartoons bug me even more. Fat Albert and Pink Panther come to mind.
9. What's the best thing since sliced bread?
10. If you were an animal that's not a human, what would you be?
Snake. I’d like to try it out. I want to see and feel and experience what they do and maybe I could understand them even better. Probably be hit by a car though…
11. What's your favorite hobbies/pass-times.
Watching movies, reading, drawing
12. Do you have any phobias?
Horses freak me out. They are beautiful but I don’t like to get near them.
13. Is the glass half full, or half empty?
If you poured it half full intentionally then it’s half full. If you had it full-full and drank half of it, then it’s half full.
AND NOW…..the questions I invent for those who want to do this:
1. What do you think of snakes?
2. Favorite animal and why?
3. Your favorite grade in grade school and why?
4. Where are you gonna go when the volcano blows?
5. Do you dance?
6. Ever been to a concert?
7. Your biggest fear when going out to eat?
8. First car? If you have never had a car then what would your dream car be?
9. Favorite artist?
10. Fiction or non-fiction?
11. Occupation? Again, if you don’t work what would your dream job be?
12. Favorite season?
13. Do you play a musical instrument or want to?
1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
Since 2004. So 11 years now. Whoah.
2. What does your username mean?
I am a big fan of old horror movies, and particularly of Frankenstein (prefer the Hammer series with Peter Cushing). My last name is Hankins. So Hankins + Frankenstein = Hankinstein
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Weird, eclectic, quirky
4. Are you left or right handed?
Righty-o. old bean!
5. What was your first deviation?
A picture of my dog Speck.
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Being able to draw realistic people without them looking weird. I can make really great realistic animals but when it comes to humans, it's a real daunting task for me to make them not look strange or cartoony. Or both.
8. What was your first favourite?
Yeesh, I don't remember. *goes to look*. Oh.... LOL.
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Really well done comics and prehistoric animals.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
That is a hard one indeed. I would have to say is one of the top ten for sure, I love his whimsical, cute style and neat animal/insect characters. He really has a way of creating lots and lots of loveable characters that you instantly connect with. He is also one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
is another, I discovered her work digging through a 50 cent comic bin at a used book store in Tulsa. It was a Stinz comic, I think. Her style is unlike any I have ever seen. Just take a look at her comics, you will see what I mean. She has an instantly recognizable style. It drew me in immediately, and after finding the first comic, I went on the hunt for more and discovered all her other series, which I promptly bought and read. And studied.
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
I want to meet everyone on my friends list!
These guys haven't been around much, but I'd also love to hook up with
-this gal has the wackiest sense of humor of anyone I have ever met.
- the Queen of Puns
- she got super busy with school and hasn't DA'd a lot. But she's got a great style and loves to draw classical composers.
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
, who I met at DrunkDuck (The Duck now), a comic hosting site. I don't remember how I came across her comic, but I loved her style instantly and her friendliness. She also leaves very long, thoughtful comments on stuff which I love. You can tell she really is looking at the art, and her comments are always a joy to read.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Pigma pens, Berol markers, GIMP and the good ol' Wacom tablet (really getting into and getting the hang of that thing, finally!)
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
My house. No interruptions.
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
Probably the Winning is for Losers battles. Those were so much fun. Thanks to for that!
Just a heads up. See info here:
Premium Membership Scam Information[update]Today I got a Note with somebody stating the following-
"Hey I really like your artwork. Really nice.
I actually just found a way to get a free DeviantArt Premium Membership here:
[not linking the site]
You might want to give it a try. Get some more exposure.... Don't know how many they are giving away though.. Anyways try your luck it's
free. Worth a shot. I got a 12 month membership. (Under a new username)
Keep up the great work "
This site that it links requires you to pump out personal information in surveys. When you get closer to finishing everything it wants you to, you have to start giving your your SS or Credit card information, to pay for "shipping" or deals. On this site it states that you will get free PM, which in turn isn't true if you have to pay a dime in the end.
Bad Blue Pen is a very well drawn comic by a lady who...you guessed it...draws all her comics with a blue pen. Good stuff. She's definitely a pro:
Mateys is the story of a pirate with a ninja roommate. Need I say more??
Armless Amy is not for the squeamish. It's a horror story about a little girl with no arms who has some very odd friends (and foes).
Batty is a comic drawn by a good pal over at Comicfury. Batty's a pet bat that belongs to Ghoulie, a vampire. Batty is (for lack of a better term) bratty.
Crimson Rabbit is
Slackmatic is (in the author's own words, because my description would not do it justice): "a comic diary with monsters and aliens and Gandalf and Darth Vader and a lava man from the center of the earth and me."
And there ya have it! My Picks for Right Now! I have really been finding some good comics over at Comicfury. Also, of course, all mine are over there too:
If you are a Half Pint fan, check this out. These guys are a Little House of the Prairie tribute band.
I'm sure most of you have been asked this before (or something similar):
"Aren't you afraid someone is going to steal your ideas, posting them on the internet like this?"
So what is your take?
I like sharing my stuff with people. I love interacting with you guys, getting feedback on my stuff. I could sit in my room and draw these comics and never show them to people, but I feel like a big part of art is sharing it with the world. Now, that's just one person's opinion, understand. I just can't see hiding all my stuff away in constant fear that someone is going to steal my ideas. I know it's a huge risk, but life's full of risks. I have been doing this for years, and posting on the internet for at least 11 of those years, without any major problems. The extent of my problems would be something like a person using one of my comics on their site without permission. When that happens, I just ask them to kindly post something giving credit for the piece. I don't ask them to take it down, and everyone that I have dealt with on this issue has been cooperative so far. I know you can't catch every single person that does this. Again, a risk I choose to take.
I'd like to think that my work is recognizable enough that people would be able to tell if someone ripped me off or flat out copied my picture (the latter did happen, it was just a kid that posted it on Facebook, I didn't get my knickers in a twist about that. And in that case it was a friend of mine who spotted it and alerted me to it). So there you go. It was recognized as my style.
I know many of you have thoughts about this, some of you probably have official copyrights, even. Just thought I'd get your take. Obviously a lot of you don't seem to worry about this much, or you wouldn't be posting your work on here.
I'd also like to think that our archives of work being on here with dates would provide sufficient proof that it's our work, at least to some extent. It also says "copyright (c) (year)(artist's handle)" on our submissions. And DA's copyright policy states what that really means here: about.deviantart.com/policy/co…
Have a great 2015. I am back and I am ready to get my art on!
Anyhow. I won't have internet access (I don't have it at home. I know, I can hear the gasps loud and clear. I got my reasons). Well, I may have it some of the time, like if I visit someone and can hitch onto their wifi or whatever. SO I may pop in a few times, just to check out the art here. But I most likely won't be posting anything again for awhile.
SO JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I DID NOT DIE.
So...have a great holiday everyone, whatever you celebrate!
I wonder if you could do me a favor. Leave, in my comments section if ya would, where you are from and how you found me. I was just curious.
Thanks in advance for your time!
You guys ROCK!!
Just a heads up there in case you don't know about it.
So I am on a high still, and feeling great. I also came home to a totally unexpected thing: five baby snakes that my garter snake had while I was gone! For those who don't know, garter snakes give live birth rather than laying eggs. So Carter the Garter is definitely a girl. And the babies are adorable. I'll probably post pictures soon. I haven't gotten them to eat yet, but I'd like to raise them if I can get them to.
Maybe this year is finally looking up.
So if you have CSNY related art or know any fans, send them here: